It is very important that you know how to clean mold from each surface of your dwelling. The crucial thing is to remove mold before it spreads and becomes a bigger issue. Left unchecked, it could rot wood surfaces and cause indoor pollutants which can cause health problems.
This guide will help you learn how to eliminate mold with cleanup tools and techniques that can remove both stains as well as the health hazard that mold presents.
Suggestion: Run the bathroom fan or open the window once you take a shower to stop mould from growing. Same in the kitchen, use exhaust fans or open the window once you do the dishes.
Limit Your Exposure to Mold
Keep them out of your eyes and try not to inhale any.
- Wear gloves that extend into the middle of the forearm. If you’re just using water and a gentle detergent, household rubber gloves operate good.
- Wear goggles that don’t have ventilation holes to prevent getting mould or spores in your eyes.
Make your home a friendly place for mold to grow.
- Before you get rid of the mold, eliminate any moisture problems at the origin, or improve the ventilation, ideally.
- Ensure your gutters and downspouts are clear and water is properly draining away from your home’s foundation.
- Indoors, fix any plumbing leaks and install exhaust fans in bathrooms, the kitchen and the laundry area.
- Run a dehumidifier to reduce the total moisture level in your house to keep mold from growing. You can also check out mold remediation in Lawrence
- Scrub mold off hard surfaces like window sills and tile with water and detergent and dry thoroughly with a rag.
- For more porous surfaces, like drywall, just use a rag so that you don’t harm the surface with more abrasive cleaners. If the surface is too porous to remove mold completely, like in ceiling tiles, then you may have to substitute it.
- To speed up the job, try out a mould cleaner specially formulated with mold killing components.
- Always undertake mold removal and sterile any surface until you paint. Otherwise, it’s likely to peel.
Natural Safety Cleaner
- You can even cause a mould removal alternative with a few frequent household items. Make sure you wear rubber gloves to protect your hands while working together with cleaning products.
- Use undiluted white vinegar on hard surfaces in kitchens and bathrooms.
- A bleach solution also functions to kill mold. Mix one cup of bleach in a gallon of water, then apply to the surface and do not rinse.
- You can also add a little dish soap to the bleach mixture to assist the bleach to penetrate porous surfaces, such as grout. When adding soap into the mix, make sure you wash after the program.
- Mix a 50/50 solution of water and ammonia. Spray the surface, wait two to three hours, then rinse.
- Never mix ammonia with bleach or other all purpose cleaners; this is going to create toxic and dangerous fumes.
How to Remove Mold Outside the House
- External mold is just as severe as mold inside the house. You will want to eliminate mold from the outside of your house, on siding or in your deck, whenever possible. External mold can do considerable damage to exterior surfaces over time, eating away at wood, stucco and other substances. Additionally, exterior mould can quickly work its way to the home if left unchecked.
- Don gloves and eye protection and generously spray on a 1-to-10 solution of bleach and water onto the surface.
- Scrub tough stains using a stiff bristle brush dipped in the solution.